Tuesday, January 14, 2020

More Research of my Family Tree.

I never stopped finding more information about my family tree. One my maternal side, many of my ancestors came from Southampton County, Virginia. Southampton County and Suffolk share a lot of cousins. That is why I'm related to many people who live in both areas.My 2nd cousin Nello Bynum's(1915-1992) mother was Addie Mae Williams (1897-1946). Her parents were John Henry Williams (1857-1921) and Adaline Hill (1862-1930). Adaline Hill was my 4th great-aunt. Her parents were Tom Hill (1838-1915) and Sarah Claud (1842-1892). Sarah Claud was my 4th great grandmother. Sarah was the daughter of Zilphy Claud or my 5th great grandmother. Also, Tom Hill was a person who was a courageous person.Tom Hill was a free issue while Sarah Claud was a slave (until after the U.S. Civil War). They lived in the antebellum period and in Reconstruction. In the Southampton County area, the surnames of Crocker, Wiggins, Turner, Britt, etc. always turn out. Many of these people with those surnames are my distant cousins. So, Zilphy Claud's daughter was Sarah Claud, Sarah's son was Rev. James Thompson Claud, James' son was Arthur Boss Claud, and her daughter was my great grandmother Ella Claude Bynum Turner (1913-1991).

On my paternal side, they originated from Halifax County, North Carolina. Then, they migrated into the Eastern Shore of Virginia and beyond (to Maryland, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and to Connecticut). My 2nd great paternal grandmother was a man named Adam. He had many children. One of her children was a woman named Sarah Lee (1917-2003). Sarah's mother was Nancy Reynolds (1888-1982). My father saw Nancy Reynolds long ago. Sarah was my half 2nd great aunt. She or Sarah had many children like Jonell Lee (1952-2016), who is my 1st cousin. Also, my great uncle Levi (1923-2015) was a very religious man too. He was born in Halifax, North Carolina. He later lived in Cape Charles, Virginia. So, Adam's son was Carl, and Carl's son was my grandfather Thurman (1919-1985. He lived in Baltimore for a number of years).

No comments:

Post a Comment